Passionate to put your data science/machine learning/computational biology skills to give hope to the cancer patients of today and tomorrow?
Our mission is to improve outcomes for current and future cancer patients using a knowledge and AI-driven approach. We leverage our proprietary tumor profiling platform, a vast historical knowledgebase of 150,000 de-identified patient tumor drug response profiles, together with proven AI to deliver more precisely targeted therapies for patients.
Position Scope and Focus
- Play a key role in a dynamic team developing an AI-driven approach to patient-centric drug discovery.
- This is a challenging role, where you will have responsibility for your own projects, their successes, and failures so you will need to be a quick learner and able to manage your time effectively to work in our highly Agile environment
- You will work with a wide variety of data from genomic and transcriptomic data through tissue and cell images to clinical data
- You will use your skills to build machine learning and bioinformatic approaches to this data to build AI-driven platforms that help clinicians better treat patients with current therapies as well as improve the discovery of new therapies
- You will need to be good at problem solving and able to rise to a challenge as much of the work we do has no clear solution – yet.
Required Education & Experience
- Masters or Ph.D in data science, machine learning, computational biology or equivalent practical experience, together with a degree or equivalent experience in computer science or bioinformatics
- Excellent programming skills in Python, R and SQL
- Practical experience of developing, training, testing and validating both deep and classical machine learning models using public frameworks scikit-learn, tensorflow, pyTorch on omics data
- Practical experience of analysis and visualization of multi-omic data sets using R and Python
- Experience of cloud compute infrastructure, scheduling of compute workloads and tools such as SparkR, pySpark etc
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team within a results-oriented culture
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels, both internal and external to Helomics
Additional Skills and Experience
- Experience with cloud-based compute environments, high performance compute environments
- Familiarity with graph-based databases, Neo4j, and graph data modelling a plus
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Work experience or familiarity with healthcare or drug discovery processes and data
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Education: Master’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.